Innovation Streams Limited (iStreams) is a Ugandan I.T company that empowers businesses and the community in Africa with suitable and affordable technologies that meet, simplify and exceed their needs. We currently support more than 400 businesses and thousands of individuals in Uganda. We are a team of young, innovative and dynamic tech-enthusiasts that build computer systems, provide services and solutions to businesses in Uganda. We are looking for a talented ‘innovative stream’ to join our team of ‘innovation streams’. Our flagship product, Stre@mline is disrupting the healthcare space; helping more than 500,000 patients and thousands of clinicians. Stre@mline generates a lot of data that is key to improving healthcare efficiency, maternal child health, etc.
We are looking for a data scientist/ analyst to help build out our enterprise analytics tools and support our clients in making data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, and development of data analytic solutions for our clients. He/she must have a strong understanding of data analysis and data visualization techniques with the ability to deliver engaging, informative data stories using a variety of techniques and tools.
The ideal candidate should be able to combine a strong understanding of how technology can best be used to address problems with deep understanding of global development issues in the health sector.
This role will report to the Lead Stre@mline Health.
- Create dashboards, automated reports, report templates and presentations
- Influence client decisions through state of the art analytics and help our clients to identify understandable, actionable, data-driven insights and quickly identify key themes from their data.
- Work with the support and software development teams to enhance data collection structures and procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Recommend data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support reports and dashboards.
- Works autonomously and with little direction to complete assignments, coordinating business processes, programs and projects based on the outlined strategies and defined directives.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget at the highest attainable quality standards.
- Have the technical understanding to translate program requirements into technical requirements, communicate and work closely with our engineers.
- Analyse user feedback and ensure the application continuously improves and optimizes client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. Computer Science, Data Science, Business Intelligence, IT, Economics, Social Science or Engineering, etc.
- At least 2 years work experience in data analysis, data mining, BI and Analytics development or other related analytical projects with recent proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting in Tableau Analytics
- Familiarity with or experience using widely-adopted data analytics and business intelligence platforms a plus (e.g. Superset, Tableau PowerBI).
- Experience working with large datasets (on relational as well as non-relational data stores) and excellent understanding of metadata.
- Possess sharp analytical skills and problem-solving abilities especially with data forecasting, cleansing and transformations.
- Strong proficiency in query/reporting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel, Superset (or similar visualization tool), R/Python or other statistical tools.
- Comfortable working with modern data technologies. Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- Knowledge and experience working with agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of project management tools a plus (e.g. GitHub projects, Harvest, Trello).
The Data Scientist will be paid a monthly salary and a bonus payment for exceeding the set targets. All other benefits enjoyed by Istreams staff; lunch every day of work, overtime, leave, per diems, holiday packages etc. will apply
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
The Data Scientist will be located at our office in Kampala
How to apply
Apply online at www.innovationstreams.tech/jobs.
Copies of certificates, CV and any other support documents should be attached.
Application deadline: 10th October, 2020
Notification of candidates for interview: 15th October, 2020
Start of duty: 1st November, 2020
|Job Category||Software Devt|